Monday, February 13, 2012

Buck Up, Buttercup

I don't suffer from the winter blahs.

I like the month of February.

I am a generally upbeat and positive person.

Today, though, I am feeling blah and blue.  I'm sick (again!), I have (yet another) visitation to attend tomorrow night, I really really want a cupcake with real flour and I'm just feeling like a beat up person - head low, shoulders hunched - blah, beat up, blue. 

But you see, the problem with being a generally positive person is that I know this blah beat up blue mood just isn't going to last, no matter how hard I want it to.  I wanted it to last today - just one day of blah beat up blue, but then I get an email like this: 

"Thanks for stopping by last night, it always cheers us up to see you."

How can that not make me smile?  How can I feel blah beat up and blue now?  Do you see?!  Do you see how impossible it is?! 

NO FAIR!

2 comments: