Wednesday, August 7, 2013

T is for ...

... Trip.

Oh yes, lovebugs. The big day is finally (almost) here. The day I embark on an adventure of epic proportions that, again, began with a simple sentence: "You must come with us." Well, who am I to (ever) say no?!

So, off I go to South Africa - a land, to me, of mystery and struggle and majesty and elephants. No joke. With apologies to Mr. Mandela, this is the first thing I think of when South Africa comes to mind. I hope to see many an elephant on my trip, along with ostriches and lions and zebras and giraffes and all those other exotic animals that I've only seen on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, storybooks and that pretty awesome fake-safari I took while in Disneyland a few years ago. Do you think this safari will be better than that?! Hehe.

I have no real idea what to expect. I'm looking over my itinery and my head is shaking, my eyes all buggy. We're doing what?! We're going where?! I had no hand in planning this trip at all. Imagine that. I'm away for three weeks on (one of) the most exotic vacations I've ever been on and the only things I did to get me there were win yet another friend lottery and book a plane ticket. You know, when I'm feeling a little down can y'all just remind me of this: That life, overall, is pretty damn great and if you look for ways it's not you're bound to find them SO STOP FUCKING LOOKING.

See you soon, lovebugs. Because guess where we're going in September? That's right - TIFF! Yet another amazing adventure that, this year, I will have no hand in planning. What's happening to me? I don't know. But I like it. Yes, yes I do.

T is for ... Trip.

1 comment: