Thursday, January 5, 2012

Me Not Me

Why am I perfectly comfortable cavorting around town in 4" stilettos but get massive blisters wearing flip flops for two days?

I don't want that to be me.

Yes, I'm a city mouse by heart but I'd like to be a beach (eek, no not the country!) mouse too.

More practice in the flip flops?  Other flip flops?  No flip flops?  In truth, I really don't like flip flops.  That thwack thwacking of your sole hitting its sole is loud and offensive.  Sshh, shoes, sssh.  Better the refined who's there click click of a well adorned heel, no?

But.  Whatever it takes, I will do it.  City Mouse is out of the city, scurrying through sand and surf amidst hot sun in a tropical paradise.  City Mouse needs her feet and blisters simply won't do.  Do you see now?  How it happens?  City Mouse obviously needs another pair of shoes.

You can take the mouse out of the city, but you can't take the city out of the mouse.

I don't mind at all if that's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment