Tuesday, January 3, 2012

More Than This

What are you doing, Bryan Ferry?

You, along with David Bowie, are the elder statesmen of cool, the epitome of suave, the shit. The IT.

And now, you're cavorting around - to the riffs of Duran Duran, no complaints on that here - in H&M ads? Okay, fine I get it, sort of, you're with your handsome son and you dabbled in this modeling thing years ago with a great campaign for Burberry,  but that's Burberry! Classic. British. Burberry. H&M? Swedish? Trendy? H&M? Really? I'm no fashion snob and listen, you are likely the only man on Earth that could rock a velvet tuxedo like that but it's not about fashion.  It's about you.  And them.  They, this, this H&M is so common!  You, you, Bryan Ferry are not common. You are so almost peerless in your stature of being that my synonym parade could go on forever.   That would be fine with me.  This H&M thing is not fine with me.  I don't want you to be one of us.  I want you to be uncommon and elevated from all the fray that is common.  We need that.  Something to uphold, to strive for, to compare all our poor boys to.  Stop this Bryan Ferry.  Stop this now.  This isn't you.  YOU ARE BRYAN FERRY!

Why are you doing this, Bryan Ferry?

No comments:

Post a Comment