Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Next Level

I love plans, love making plans. I’m like Hannibal in the A-Team:  I love it when a plan comes together.  It’s a compulsion.  I like to know what I’m doing when, where and with who.  I realise this isn’t all together normal and for the laid back sorts in my life I’m sure it gets really annoying but it’s just a way for me to keep on top of things and make sure I’m seeing / doing everything I want to do because you know me – I like to see and do everything.

I’m typically the one getting things organised with my crew and I don’t mind this at all but I really, really REALLY love it when someone else picks up the ball and makes some plans.  Any plans.  I love to follow (I know no one believes me but I do, I can and I have!)!  I get that people rarely get the chance (on top of things!), but if you hit me early, I’m in and excited and really quite thrilled to be a merry passenger on our sure to be fun adventure. 

So don’t screw things up by making half – ass plans and asking me a gazillion questions about these plans.  Things that should be taken care of by you, the planner, such as:  Where are we going? Does the restaurant take reservations?  Where should I park?  Should I ask so-and-so? I mean, really? That’s from Making Plans 101 – offer a suggestion, solicit opinions, settle a date and provide your fellow social buddies the details. I don’t want to get involved!  Don’t ask me, you’re not a Mennonite, ask The Internet!  YOU’RE MAKING THE PLANS, remember?

I know I shouldn’t get aggravated and annoyed and frustrated.  I should just let things roll and offer information and send links and, well, be generally helpful.  But I don’t want to because I really thought I had the night off.   

I bet you’re really scared to ask me to do anything now, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment