Wednesday, February 6, 2013

H is for ...

... HOLD! 

Let's take a little break, shall we?  Une petite pause, as it were.  Yes?

This Alphabet Game has been quite delightful - I'm enjoying the organizational aspects far better than a bowl of Alphagettis, that's for sure!  - and I hope the same level of enjoyment has been there for you.  It's just that right now I'd like to press the hold button for a short little while as I attempt to try something new.

You see, in ONE SLEEP I'm off on a wondrous adventure and I'd like to try my hand at a travel blog.  I don't know how it will go.  I can absolutely commit to writing everyday when I'm gone (remember the fun times we shared at TIFF?) as in general I think this is how travel blogs are best consumed, but I just don't know if I'm that kind of writer.  I'm not big on descriptions.  I don't want to write stuff like "today we went to a cafe and drank wine".  That doesn't sound much fun, does it?  I also don't want to write stuff like "today we walked down a cobblestone street and happened upon a charming outdoor patio, full of natives and tourists alike partaking in the universal activities of drinking wine and sharing laughter".  See what I mean.  ?!

So let's just see how it goes, okay?  I did spend a fair chunk of time editing a travel blog last year.  Editing is really hard - especially for a bossypants know-it-all like me. At one point I actually re-wrote an entire day but thankfully came to my senses before returning it - I mean, how insulting AND conceited can you be?  (Rhetorical, people.  Rhetorical.)  In the end, I think the blog was quite good and well received - certainly not because of me, but I'd like to think I helped it along just a little.  A little. - and now I want to see if I can do it all myself.  I know what I want to accomplish and I figure the rewards are twofold:  first, it's like you're coming on my adventure with me and, most important, when I come back I won't bore you with all the details because you've heard about them already!  WIN/WIN!

All that's left to do now is put everything on my dining table into my suitcase (my travel wardrobe is distinctly Fifty Shades of Black), get some Euros, watch two seasons of Happy Endings, figure out how to use my new camera (because travel blogs need pictures!), think of a catchy slogan for this travel blog, and, well, GO

Nos vemos en Espana mis amigos!

H is for Hold!  And ... Hasta Pronto.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment