Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Move Along

I’m in a bad mood.  This is offsetting to people.  Why?

Why is it a personal affront to humanity at large that for now, and perhaps the next little while, I will be a sullen crabby bitch?  I’ll be back – smiling face ablazing soon, I’m sure, but for now can you just accept it?  Why do I need to feel better?  Are you one of the maybe three people in my whole world that I'd bother talking to about why I'm feeling this way?  Then really ...

Don’t try to cheer me up. 
Don’t tell me your personal story that is undoubtedly worse than mine so how could I possibly be upset.  (This is THE WORST type of feel better strategy I have ever encountered in my life - if you do this, stop now.  People (I) hate it and (I) may kill you.)

You realize it’s not normal to be happy all the time.  If you are, you are absolutely delusional.  I am an optimistic type of person but this doesn’t preclude me from being in a bad mood and I would totally appreciate it if I was allowed to be in this bad mood without feeling bad that I was making you feel bad because you can’t rely on me for my usual cheery outlook on life and the state of things in general.  Because you know what? Sometimes life sucks; sometimes the state of things in general sucks.  Most of the time things just don’t go your way and hopping through life all Mary-Poppins-styles is really, really tiring.  Even for me.  So, please, let me embrace this suck-iness for awhile and don’t make me apologize for it.  Let me wallow.  I will get back out from under it the way I want to: by myself.  Which, quite frankly, is where I should have stayed in the first place: by myself.  Seriously, please.  There is really nothing you can do.  Do not send clowns, send ice cream if you want, but really, just let me be. 

Thank you for caring, but please fuck off.

1 comment:

  1. Virtual ice cream is almost as good as the real thing - Thank you, Tonya. xo.

    ReplyDelete