Friday, May 6, 2011

Lost

In the last month I have lost two things.  I never lose things.  

I lost my sunglasses because I was careless with my purse (I am always careless with my purse – I leave it wide open in my car, on the floor, everywhere really and assume everything will be in its rightful place when I pick the thing up again.  Well, this time things weren’t).  Poor sunglasses.  Lesson learned.

I lost my May Metropass on the last day of April because, well, this one I’m not sure about.  I’m nothing if not routine oriented, right?  I leave my Metropass on my desk until the first day of the month when I start using it.  I looked for it last week and it was *poof!* gone.  I either threw it out by accident in one of my whirling dervish cleaning episodes (very possible) or, someone lifted it off my desk (this would obviously make me feel better, but be a negative spin on the state of human nature.  Hhhmmm, what to decide).

Anyway, no one has died so the situation isn’t all that serious but now I’m wondering what I’ll lose next.  They say everything happens in three’s (one day I’m going to find out who this THEY is and give them a piece of my mind – how do they know everything?!) and well, I’m at two.  What could be next ?

Will it be my mind (questionable that I still have one, read lost items above)?  My dignity (it’s 2011, though, does anyone have dignity anymore?)?  My sense of humour (waning, I think to be truthful)?  No, dammit!  I will stop the bleeding at two.  I cannot afford this – seriously, I can’t – those sunglasses were expensive and we all know what a scam bargain the TTC is these days.  My psyche can’t afford it either – I’m too young for widespread memory loss!   But now, wait – I think I’ve already lost my third thing: I have lost the right to say I never lose things.  That seems to be the hardest loss of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment