Monday, November 21, 2011

Easy Peasy

Um, hi?  Meaning of Life Person?  Are you there?  I’m just here for a life philosophy check-up, please. 

I’m wondering about this whole “struggles make things more worth it” thing.  You know what I mean, right?  Like, the longer you try at something is completely equal to the level of awesome you will feel once you actually get / achieve it? 

Is this the way it goes?  I’m just kind of wondering who decided this?

How about this one:  “the reward is the journey”.  Sort of the same thing?

What does that mean?  I like road trips, sure, but I don’t think this is what you meant – is it?

For me, anyway, I sort of think that if you try so hard for something, once you get / achieve it it will just be a huge letdown.  “ALL THAT FOR THIS?!”, I think is what I’m thinking.   That’s wrong, right?  You’re saying that’s wrong?  Like we shouldn’t really be all annoyed and obsessed-like when nothing’s really easy and it all just seems so hard?  I don’t know, am I asking for too much here?  Be honest, but quite really I don’t like to struggle.  Not all the time.  Things don’t need to be super easy – I’m not lazy – but sometimes you have to admit you get ridiculous with all the work and time and questions and stuff.  I mean, really, you do.  And listen, I will and do appreciate the easy stuff just as much as the hard stuff.  I’m not a take it for granted person, okay?  So lay off, you know.  Would you please?

I’m just saying that if you’re looking into things and want to, you know, to improve people’s point of view about life in general you can start on this one.  Because having impressionable people – you know me!- believe that ‘struggles make things worth it’, or whatever, is kinda like telling the dude that had a bird shit on their car that it’s good luck.  We all know that’s crap.  Oh, sorry.  Was that your idea too?  Well, it is.  It’s crap.  You can’t tell someone that when something crummy happens to them it’s actually a good thing.  It’s not nice.  It really isn’t.  I think it's like a sham.

Anyway, just give it a think, okay?  Thanks.  I do really appreciate it.  Lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment