Thursday, September 6, 2012

TIFF 2012 – Condensed Mayhem – Volume 1, Merry TIFF-Mas!

Dim the lights!
Cue the music!

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! 

Really, you say?  Better than Christmas? 
Yes!  Yes, indeed!  Just a tad, just a sliver, yes, just a bit!  Because all the money you spend on TIFF is just for you! And you get presents every day for eleven days (that makes it even better than Hannukah!)!

Merry TIFF-MAS!

This year we really wanted to dial it down.  But you know what happens, right?  You get caught up and sucked in and before you know it you’re seeing 18 movies and taking time off work and are caught up in it all again!

Merry TIFF-MAS!

I’m looking forward to much this year:  my girl crush Marion; my boys Ewan & Colin & Jason; the hope that I will actually like a Terrence Malick film; the potential train wreck of Cloud Atlas; Violet’s Annual TIFF Birthday; sleepovers; my Mom’s first TIFF; exit Grace, enter James and all of it – the buzz, the hype, the dashing around town … it IS the most wonderful time of the year!

Merry TIFF-MAS!

Tonight we kick things off with the premiere of Rust & Bone, starring Marion Cotillard.  She of my number one girl crush.  I had no idea what this movie was about until yesterday – Marion portrays a woman who somehow loses her legs and needs to find the love within herself to let love back in, all the while looking ridiculously gorgeous, or something like that.  I hate movies like this.  I can barely get myself together with all four limbs, what the hell?!  But, she’s Marion and she’s brilliant and starting off the festival with an odd one is always a good idea.  It gets you thinking about bigger things, other worlds and people, their struggles and challenges which are more often far worse than your own.  Amidst all the frenzy surrounding TIFF, that’s always at the core for me – powerful messages shrouded in entertainment.


Merry TIFF-MAS to all, and to all a good 11 nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment