Saturday, June 11, 2011

Oh, How I Love You, BBM

I've broken a barrier.  I'm in love with technology.  EEK!  Not any technology mind you, no, I'm in love with the most revolutionary communication tool since the invention of the telephone.

Blackberry Messenger

If for nothing else but the definitive one two punch of  confirming message delivery (d) AND message read (r).  I mean, heaven, right ?

There is no wonder, no confusion, nothing is ever lost in the ether. You got it, you've read it, so you reply.  Or, you've been in an accident, which is unfortunate but absolutely absolves you of your tardiness.

Admittedly, maybe not the best for the uber-impatient like me - I mean if you read my message and it's a simple question, what is taking you so long to reply?? - but it certainly stacks things up a bit clearer and leaves no room for error.  As if it couldn't get any better, BBM tells you when there's no signal for you (red box thing) or your recipient (blank) - more heaven, right ?

So, sure, your iPhone may look cooler than my Blackberry and that iPad may kick the Playbook's ass (although are you really using all those apps?) but I'll happily forego a round of Angry Birds (because I suck) and constellation identification (which I'm sure are lies anyway) for my handy d and r, thank you very much. Combined with my little Qwerty keyboard, it's really true love.  All in the palm of my hand.

2 comments:

  1. um so this potentially makes the creepiest stalker tool ever...be afraid be very afraid(or figure out how to diable message read haha)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya, you cannot stalk your friends. Can you ?

    ReplyDelete