Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Love, Me

So, um, hi.  Or, hello.  Yes, hello!

This is bit weird as you don't actually know me.  Well, scratch that, you really don't know me at all.  We work in the same office building and I see you from time to time, usually riding the elevator.  We spoke, once, sometime ago.  It was fleeting, but you laughed at my joke and well, it was all over after that for me.  I don't know much about you aside from the fact that you work on either floor 43 or 45 (I'm sorry about that.  I'm usually a way better detail person, but I'm just always too distracted by YOU to pay attention to where you leave me.)  You're taller than me in my highest heels, which I was fortuitiously wearing on one of my favourite elevator rides (yeay !  tall !).  You deplore Alex Ovechkin (OMG - ME TOO!), drink Starbucks coffee (OMG - ME TOO !)  have the kindest eyes (sigh) and a really great smile (super sigh). 

I'm not sure if you recall what I look back on as one of the most embarrassing moments of my life ? When I was standing in the concourse waiting for a friend ? You walked by, alone (you're usually with a group - so popular!) and we caught eyes, well, sorta ? I think you were looking over to see what nutjob was reciting the alphabet as my "Hi" turned into a weak "H" .. "I" in your wake ?  Well, it was me - I was that nutjob !  But I'm really not (much of) a nutjob.  You are obviously made of powerful stuff, turning me into a crazy speechless nutjob.  AnywayS, just thought I'd let you know that next time I'm going to try my most hardest to use my words and say 'hi' for real.  So, uh, yeah.  See ya on the elevator.  Or the concourse.  Hopefully soon.  That would be so great.  Really great.

Love, Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment