Sunday, January 16, 2011

Seriously, Dude, REACHING OUT ?

We've all had our fair share of crummy dates and over time I have learned to appreciate my own for what they truly are:  perfect kick starts to endless conversions full of laughs and wine.  Good times.  Maybe not at the moment, but soon thereafter, oh yeah,  GREAT TIMES.

Last summer, after a string of particularly crummy dates, I hit the motherload.  The crummy date as no date.  In other words, the no-show.  Me. Bistro 990 waiting and waiting.  I ordered wine.  And then more wine.  And then I said, between gulps of wine,  screw you, asshole - I'm at Bistro 990, bring me the mussels!   Anyway,  the evening ended up as well as it could :  the lovely folks at Bistro took pity on me and comped my entire feel good fiesta;  I called saviour J on the way home and venomously tore this dude to shreds over a double dose of deliciousness at Ed's Real Scoop and I promised myself not to give this guy a second thought.  That went .. not great.  But, eventually,  you pick it up dust it off and live to tell another tale ..

Well, today, an email:  "Hey - thinking about you and thought I'd reach out and say hi".  I'd love to think that it took him 7 long months to properly punish himself for his behaviour (I'm thinking Paul Bettany in The Da Vinci Code) but realistically, he's obviously just dumb.  I wish I could do something painful to him, but I'm just not that vindictive and he's clearly not worth the jail time.  Mostly, though, I wish this email didn't take me back to that crappy place I was at last summer, throughout that night (wine, mussels and ice cream aside) and the probably too long time afterwards where I felt completely useless and unwanted and lost and, yes, alone.

So, dude, you'd like to reach out ?  Well, reach out to this : Fuck you.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment