Thursday, February 24, 2011

My AH ! LIFE ! Life

Getting pretty tired of working. 

Like my job / career and all but it’s just getting in the way.  It’s not like I’m some superhero or anything – poor Diana Prince*! Imagine the internal stress and scheduling dynamics! – but I do have things I’d way rather be doing and work is simply getting in the way.

It’s getting in the way of my real life goal of becoming a full fledged social butterfly and travel savant; of visiting friends and family often and just because and never fretting about not having enough time for anyone; of becoming a fully cultured – museum and art gallery going person who is also a gourmet cook and voracious reader ; of learning languages and how to play the piano in a relaxed way and going to the gym in an enjoyable way.  I realize this life sounds rather superficial, but I’d buttress these leisurely pursuits with much charity work at home and abroad, Jolie-styles. 

AH! LIFE!  I want an AH! LIFE! life!

Funding this AH! LIFE! life will be a challenge and I need to start putting the wheels in motion before it’s too late and I’m at Del Boca Vista# dreaming about what could have been. Money.  Where to get some money.  I have a few options: 

Win – it.  Pros:  it’s all luck, baby.  Cons:  must play and it’s all luck, baby. 
Need something more reliable.

Anna Nicole Smith – it.  Pros:  money.  Warm weather housing.  Cons:  Gross. Old person could be secretly healthy, meaning long time to wait for money. Nasty legal battles with jealous children.  Potential drug addictions and sad tabloid life. 
Forget it, want something less soul destroying.    

Save – it.  Pros:  honest and dedicated approach to problem.  Cons: Will take forever.  Current partaking in spend-hearty lifestyle minimizes save-ability of funds. 
Would prefer something faster.

Discover – it.  Pros:  unearthing the next Justin Bieber could yield significant rewards and likely invitations to awards shows.  Cons:  the world would hate me.
I like being liked too much, next!

Invent – it  Pros:  lots of dough to be had in coming up with the next big thing.  Cons:  Facebook and the Internet are taken.  Not smart enough to think of anything else.  Yet. 

I’m not smart enough yet.  This could be it.  I could invent something WOW-worthy that will turn the world on its axis. What, what will it be?  The flugelbinder^ , too, is already taken but it really only needs to be that simple. 

I’m working on it.  And it will be huge.  Maybe not huge enough to cause a revolution in an Egypt-type country, but HUGE. 

Don’t laugh.  I don’t want to hear nary a snicker – is that doubt I hear?  You all must know you’re invited to this Ah! Life! life of mine, of course! Don’t worry on that for a second!  How fun would my Ah! Life! life be if all of you were still working ?!   I'm working on it.  I'm working on it for all of us !

I am so excited.  SO EXCITED!

*if you didn’t know that Diana Prince is Wonder Woman’s alter ego, you should probably just stop reading my blog now.  Thank you.
# if you didn’t know that Del Boca Vista is the retirement community where Jerry Seinfeld’s parents live, you should probably stop reading my blog now.  Thank you.
^ if you didn’t  know that the flugelbinder is the fictitious name for the tip of a shoelace, as told to Brian Flanagan by Jordan Mooney during a discussion about the ordinary objects that can turn inventors into millionaires in the movie Cocktail, it means you’re normal. If you did know this, we’re soul mates – kindly make yourself known so we can get on with our lives together. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment