Thursday, April 21, 2011

Combo Special

I know there are far too many words in the English language already and we really don’t need to be inventing others, but sometimes, sometimes you just have to.  At least I do.  Don’t you ?

My made up words are actually word combos used for full effect when just one word is simply not enough to convey what I’m feeling.  One word simply won’t do.  My favourite word combo illustrates this perfectly:

Shiteous.  Shitty + Hideous = Shiteous.

Saying something is shitty is not only rather crude, but doesn’t truly encapsulate the full on feeling of distaste and nose crinkle you need. Saying it’s hideous really only conveys the appearance of the thing.  Shiteous, though?  It’s brilliant.  A perfect adjective to convey a most inferior, contemptible repulsiveness. 

I obviously needed to counter this with something positive, so here comes …

Hilarical.  Hilarious + Hysterical = Hilarical.

It’s uncontrollable, comedic merriment!  So much better than just “funny” or “uncontrolled”. 

Be careful though.  I had someone say “celebate” to me once and I thought they were combining “celibate” and “celebrate” -  I don’t really feel being celibate is something to celebrate (unless you’re Morrissey and that's just too bad) and perhaps this person didn't either, they had just dropped the ‘r’ from celebrate because I think they were dumb.  You don’t want people thinking you’re dumb when you wordcombo, because it’s not dumb it’s pure genius.  And a little insazy (crazy + insane = insazy). 

I’m telling you, hours of fun.  HOURS.  Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment