Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Crime Against Humanity

I was at my cousin's for dinner the other night.  Truly great night, only to be made greater with my all time favourite dessert :  pie & ice cream.

Into the freezer my sweet cousin goes and what - to her embarrassment and my horror - does she discover?  The ice cream she wished to serve - and I hoped to eat - had developed freezer burn.

Do you know how long it takes ice cream to develop freezer burn?  I've never witnessed this phenomenon first hand, but can only guess it's an eternity.  How can this happen?  How could she let this happen to ice cream?  How could she commit this crime against humanity?

Ice cream must be shared, devoured, enjoyed.  Often.  It must not be forgotten in a cold dark freezer left to spend its days with frozen peas and ice packs.  It must be used to spread happiness and joy to those around us and ourselves.  We must eat more ice cream.

Share, Devour, Enjoy.  Often.  Perhaps not the most appropriate life philosophy, but as an ice cream philosophy, it's perfectly delicious.

Share, Devour, Enjoy.  Often.

Like Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment